Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tomorrow

Is my last day as an employee of GoDaddy.com and it comes with a bitter sweet flavor. I couldn't have been happier with my first post graduation job and could have seen myself there for a few more years. I made some great friends and learned a lot from the very talented people I was lucky enough to work along side.

As sad as I am to leave I am also very excited to begin my new position at Fender Musical Instruments Incorporated as a graphic designer. I'm still trying to figure out how I beat hundreds of other applicants and landed what I myself and I'm sure several other design nerds would consider a dream job. I guess my fascination with and previous work involving music and musical instruments played to my favor in this scenario. I guess it's like a guy named N. Dynamite once said "follow your hear, thats what I do". I debated showing up on my first day wearing a Gibson Guitars shirt but maybe I should give everyone a chance to get and know my sarcastic personality before I start in with all that

2 comments:

Dusty & Cyndie said...

uh that's easy you beat all the other applicants because your a better graphic designer. Don't need a college degree to figure that one out just look at the pretty pictures and find the best one. Jon wins!

Jon Ashcroft said...

your crazy man