Sunday, August 17, 2008

To the limit

Maybe its that I've been watching the Olympics lately, maybe its that I've been inspired by Dusty, maybe it's that I'm tired of being Lethargic or maybe it's just my love of training montages like those I watched in Jean Claude Van Damm movies as a kid and the wonderful gem featured below. All i know is that of late, I have the desire to train for something. What that is, I don't know and it doesn't really matter. I just want to push my self physically and I think it will help if I have a goal in mind while doing so.

4 comments:

Dusty & Cyndie said...

Well I’m not sure that there is nothing in life that can inspire you to train harder then the clip you've shown. With that said a goal is key when it comes to training and so is a pace. Pace is probably more important because if you don't pace yourself towards a maintainable goal injury can happen much easier. This will not only injure you physically but mentally as well. A triathlon is awesome test of endurance and takes a lot of dedication and training.

Jon Ashcroft said...

I laugh at injury

Anonymous said...

You are simply training for an epic Labor Day weekend adventure with the child in the footage who is all grown up and known to some as Jonce Allen.

Jon Ashcroft said...

Yes. I must look after him in the unforgiving wilderness