Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lets talk politics

Don't worry I don't want to discuss politics in the traditional sense because I like to avoid confrontation and I'm sure one person or another would more than likely not agree with me. I have noticed something throughout the campaign season that I think everyone can agree on. 

There has been some amazing artwork produced in the last several months regarding Senator Obama's campaign. It's really refreshing to see political art that is not negative, in fact I think it may be an entirely new invention. I'm sure many of you by this point recognize the poster of Obama's face created by Shepard Farrey of Obey, I originally saw it as a backpage cover in Juxtapose as an ad placed by Farrey and Obey in support of Obama. The other poster is one created by ISO 50, one of my favorite designers and a true visual genius. Not only is the art created by Obama supporters visually refreshing but his campaign itself. His logo and branding are extremely well done and his use of it is very innovative, especially for a politician. I'm also really impressed with his website, it is well designed and completely consistent with his branding and image. 

I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks to see who will win the election for President but as for who is the more stylish politician? Obama wins in a landslide victory.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply incredible. I can see the change cresting on the horizon and its not riding an elephant.

Dusty & Cyndie said...

Wouldn't that mean it's riding an Ass then?